Call For Art – Now Closed
Show opens on July 31, 2019.
We’ll have a new Call For Art coming soon.
Purcellville Art Gallery Submission
Purcellville Art Gallery is accepting submissions from artists residing in western Loudoun County for it’s first art exhibition beginning July 31 to September 29, 2019. All mediums encouraged to apply. Please read carefully the requirements below and the artist agreement before applying to the exhibition. Accepted artwork will need to be delivered to the Gallery at 760 E. Main St., Purcellville, Virginia, 20132
- Deadline for Submissions is midnight Friday, July 12, 2019
- Accepted work by the selection committee will be announced on Friday, July 19, 2019
- Drop-Offs are Friday, July 26th 10 am- 4 pm and Saturday, July 27th 10 am- 2 pm ( Absolutely no Artwork can be accepted after July 27th at 2 pm)
- Artist reception will be Saturday, August 3, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- Art pick-up, Monday, September 30, 10 am- 4 pm and Tuesday, October 1, 10 am- 2 pm. The Gallery can not store artwork after this date.
Entries must include:
- Please fill out all fields of the form including your bio. failure to do so may result in your piece not being juried.
- Delivered work must be dry, ready to hang, include Artist’s name, title of work, media and price marked on the back of each item.
- It is possible that a piece of accepted art may not be hung due to the combined volume of all accepted works. Purcellville Art Gallery will make every effort to hang every accepted piece of art.
- Any questions may be directed to email@example.com
- Artists 18 years or older must reside in western Loudoun County, Virginia, including the towns of Purcellville, Hamilton, Round Hill, Waterford, Middleburg, Lovettsville, Lincoln, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lucketts, Bluemont, Paeonian Springs
- Purcellville Art Gallery accepts only 2D work or 3D work (sculpture, glass or ceramic art, jewelry) in the gallery display area.
- There is no size limit, however, we recommended nothing larger than 36”x36” framed for 2D and 12”x12”x24” for 3D due to limited space in the gallery area.
- All artwork must be original art of the artist’s own creation.
- All accepted artwork must be dry and equipped to be hung. D hooks are preferred but not required. if using anything other than D hooks please make sure that they will not cause the piece to tilt or protrude off of the wall.
- Artwork must have been completed within the past 2 years.
- All submissions will be approved by the exhibition’s selection committee.
- Gallery volunteers will hang the artwork.
- You may upload a maximum of 3 images. If you are submitting a Diptych or Triptych please submit as one submission.
- There is a $10 hanging fee per piece accepted into the exhibition payable by check or credit card to the Gallery at the time of drop off. Artists are asked to work 4 hours per month during the exhibition.