Call For Art
Show opens on October 3, 2019.
Our second show and call-for-art is now open.
Purcellville Art Gallery Submission
Purcellville Art Gallery is accepting submissions from artists residing in western Loudoun County for its juried art exhibition beginning October 3, 2019 to January 5, 2020. All mediums encouraged to apply. Please read carefully the requirements below and the artist agreement before applying to the exhibition. Accepted artwork will need to be delivered to the Gallery at 760 E. Main St., Purcellville, Virginia, 20132.
- Deadline for Submissions is midnight Thursday, August 29, 2019
- Artwork selected by the selection committee will be announced on Monday, September 9, 2019. (If you haven’t heard from us by this date, check your email spam folder)
- Drop-Offs are Monday, September 30, 10 – 4 pm and Tuesday, October 1, 10 – 12 pm. Absolutely no artwork can be accepted after October 1, 12 pm.
- Artist reception will be Saturday, October 5, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- Art pick-up is Sunday, January 6, and Monday, January 7. The Gallery is not able to store artwork after this date.
- Artists living in western Loudoun County, Virginia; including the towns of Purcellville, Hamilton, Round Hill, Waterford, Lovettsville, Bluemont, Lincoln, Middleburg, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Peonia Springs and Lucketts.
- All artwork must be original art of the artist’s own creation.
- Please name each image you submit with your name and title of artwork (for example: AnneJones.FieldofFlowers.jpeg ) If you are submitting a Diptych or Triptych please submit as one submission.
- Accepting up to 3 pieces of 2D artwork (paintings, photography, wall hangings) or 3D artwork (sculpture, glass or pottery pieces) for its gallery display area. All art work should be for sale, no NFS items. For pottery, jewelry, notecards, digital prints, mini paintings, and other small items, please go to the Gallery website for an application to display in our Gift Shop.
- Artwork needs to be presentable for display and ready to sell at the time of drop off. This means the work should be dry, dust-free, and securely attached to its frame using appropriate hardware (no tape). Please affix secure hanging hardware (d-ring preferred) and wire to the back of the artwork. Sawtooth hardware will not be accepted. The Gallery has the right to refuse a piece if it is not ready for display. Contact the Gallery if you have any questions about preparing artwork for display. We are happy to help!
- Please include a label on the back of each piece with your name, title, medium and price.
- There is a $10 hanging fee per piece payable at the time of drop off by check to “Discover Purcellville”, cash or credit card.
- Any questions may be directed to email@example.com
- If you would like to support the Gallery by volunteering a few hours, please go to our website to find out more about how you can help.