January 2020 Call For Art
OPEN CALL FOR ART
Exhibition Dates: March 12 – May 2, 2020
Purcellville Art Gallery, located at 760 E. Main Street, Purcellville, is now accepting submissions for our next juried* art exhibit from artists residing in Loudoun County, Virginia. All mediums encouraged to apply. This is an open call without a theme or other restrictions.
Please name each image you submit with your name and title of artwork (for example: AnneJones.FieldofFlowers.jpeg ) If you are submitting a Diptych or Triptych please submit as one submission.
Accepting up to 3 pieces of 2D artwork (paintings, archival print photography, wall hangings) or 3D artwork (sculpture, glass or pottery pieces) for its gallery display area. All submissions should be for sale, no NFS items. (For pottery, jewelry, notecards, digital reproductions, and other small items, please go to the Gallery website for an application to display in our Gift Shop).
Artwork needs to be presentable for display and ready to sell at the time of drop off. This means the work should be dry, dust-free, and securely attached to its frame using appropriate hardware (no tape). Please affix secure hanging hardware (d-ring preferred) and wire to the back of the artwork. Sawtooth hardware will not be accepted. For unframed work, canvases should be gallery wrapped (without staples showing on the edges) and edges should be painted either as a continuation of the image or in a solid color The Gallery has the right to refuse a piece if it is not ready for display. Contact the Gallery if you have any questions about preparing artwork for display. We are happy to help!
Please include a label on the back of each piece with your name, title, medium and price.
- Deadline for Submissions is midnight Sunday, February 9, midnight
- Notifications will be announced on Monday, February 17, 2020
- Drop-Off dates are Sunday, March 8 (2 – 5 pm) and Monday, March 9 (11am – 2 pm) Absolutely no artwork can be accepted after March 9, 2 pm.
- Artist reception will be Saturday, March 14, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
- Art pick-up dates are Sunday, May 5 and Monday, May 6. The Gallery is not able to store artwork after this date.
- Artists residing (or their studio resides) in Loudoun County, Virginia
- All artwork must be original art of the artist’s own creation.
The Purcellville Art Gallery’s mission is to offer artists living in Loudoun County a venue to showcase and sell quality artwork, teach classes and host art events, thereby nurturing and promoting art and enhancing the quality of life in our community.
The exhibit is juried by a panel of professional artists residing outside Loudoun County. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.